Monday, January 17, 2005

My Birthday

My birthday was this past weekend, and it ended up being pretty good. Friday, my wife and two of our friends got drunk, ate barbeque, and watched a movie. It was simple, but quite fun.

Saturday had a few bumps, but it ended up alright. We went with another friend out to eat and watched a movie, "White Noise". The movie was scarey at parts, but it was pretty slow, especially the beginning. It was a decent "popcorn movie", but nothing to get excited about.

Sunday was fairly low key. My parents came over, with my mom bringing along lunch and my present. My wife got me one of those new iPod Shuffle MP3 players. Pretty weird looking thing, reminded me of something out of "2001: A Space Odyssey", (like some "futuristic" square tampon). Still, it looks interesting and sleek. It has a nice sound, 512 megs of space, (and it didn't break the bank). Good idea, and it was a total suprise.

I know more happened than that this weekend, but I find it hard to write about mundane things. Not that I don't appreciate the little things in life, but publically writing about them doesn't sound appealing. Some people have more exciting things going on in their life, good or bad, or are very good at making their day to day life very readable. I seem to lack that, or don't have the drive.

Actually, I think it's more about recounting a few days at a time I have a problem with. I need to write the day it happens, or the details get fuzzy. Also, I think it's lazyiness. It becomes a post containing multiple days and I lose interest after writing down the first day of activities.

So I guess that means I should write more often, we'll see if that happens...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home