Monday, January 24, 2005

Mo' Money

Well, my brother came over this weekend to work on his new business venture. It's an interesting idea, and seems to have potential. I would be helping him with the web functionality, especially, the database system. I have a lot of work cut out for me, but it seems like it will be fun.

Sounds strange to describe it as fun, but anything where I can use my professional skills in a rewarding way is great. More practice for my IT background, and not just the nuts and bolts stuff, but also the business analysis skill set. Working in a corporate environment can be frustrating sometimes, and having a nice blank slate is always nice.

Hell, if this works out, I could end up getting some extra cash. I'm helping out as a favor right now, but my bro tries to push the idea that, if this takes off, he'll pay me or cut me in. He honestly wants this to be as successful as possible so it can be an additional source of income, if not focusing on it full time. He even wants it to be big enough so I can come on full time, (if I want to).

My brother has had these ideas before. He's a marketing/entrepreneur kind of guy, but he often bites off more than he can chew. The ideas are always realistic, but often the target market is crowded, or involves first hand experience in something no one on the project has.

This one, however, is well thought out. Not to say he never had thought towards it before, but he understands all the details and complexities himself. He's gone over it several times, has it research, and has first hand experience with it in some way. It seems like a huge undertaking, but we can see all the pieces, which is comforting. The more I go over the idea, the more possible it seems. We'll see what happens, just have to remain diligent and positive.


By the way, if anyone out there in the blogosphere still needs a Gmail account, let me know. Just post a good, constructive criticism of my blog here so far, and I will send you an invitation. I doubt there will be many takers, (though I have more than a couple invites), since most people that know about Gmail, and want it, probably already have an account. Either way, it's worth a shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home