Saturday, September 24, 2005

Rita is a Cock Tease

Nothing happened in my neck of the woods. Rita just blew and blew, but nothing ever came. Maybe a little rain, a little moisture, but no standing water. No trees fell, nothing flying in the wind, no damage to the house, nothing worthy of the local news. However, for some reason, we lost electricity for twelve hours or more, (we just got it back less than an hour ago).

I can joke around about being disappointed, but in all honesty, I'm relieved. We were lucky, Rita was bad news for some people. Nothing like Katrina, but no laughing matter either. To all those still facing this storm, I wish the best. However, we should all be thankful that it wasn't a whole lot worse.

I hope I am not assuming too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home