Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Unemployed

I've been unemployed for a little over two months now, which sucks even more than it would due to this being the longest I have been without a job.  I do not know when to expect something to come along; in the past I had one job interview and got a job.  This time around, I have had a promising phone interview and a couple of onsite interviews, but no job offers.  Everyone has been supportive and is telling me to relax, but I don't know if that is even genetically possible.

I'm not down on myself, but I am demoralized.  That really doesn't mean anything, because giving up is not an option.  So what now?

I finally posted my resume to the major job sites, instead of just searching for jobs and sending it directly to the recruiters.  That would seem like a first step, so why the wait?  I wasn't so sure what the subconscious hesitation was - until today when the suppressed memories of earlier job hunting came flooding back.

My inbox has blown up, and not in a good way.  Now, instead of slogging through the detritus on the Internet, it has come to my virtual front door.  I've also got a ton of voice mails (which I hate, because it's nowhere as easy to organize compared to e-mails).  Most of the jobs are obviously a poor fit and/or in another state. A good chunk of them are poorly written and/or bad form letters (including pieces of the template still present).

One was for a job in another state testing/validating microprocessors or something (not a close fit, not even in the ballpark).  I still replied and kindly declined.  They responded (in somewhat poor English/grammar) wanting to know my expertise and desired position.  I wanted to reply back, "You can start by reading my resume."

Then, of course, there are the job offers in insurance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home