Wednesday, June 20, 2007

This is some Blade Runner shit, right here!

You got to check this site out:

"Our software takes a large collection of photos of a place or an object, analyzes them for similarities, and then displays the photos in a reconstructed three-dimensional space, showing you how each one relates to the next."

My current job in IT is a bit bland and stall, but after looking at what these people did with their computer time, I'm more than jealous - I'm depressed. What do I have to show for my work at the end of the day? Nothing like this, I know that! I know there was a team of people behind this, but damn, they make me look like a total dumb ass in comparison!

But in one way, it did make me feel better, (besides being suitably impressed). The subject matter for the demo happens to be St. Mark's Square in Venice, Italy. I went there last year, and it made a lot of great memories come flooding back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home