Friday, June 24, 2005

'cyclopedia

I have a new bad habit: Wikipedia, (the online, user-contributed encyclopedia)

It used to be editorial sites, but I finally learned that no great ideas ever came from an editorial, so I stopped reading them. Nothing is ever solved, no one's mind is ever changed. They wasted a lot of my time, (at work), got me irritable, and made me question the sanity of humanity at large. Well, I always questioned the sanity of humanity at large.

I start reading a topic in Wikipedia, (at work), and follow the related links. Where I end up, (at the end of the day), is far removed from the original article. My mind just roams, and absorbs information. I start with just a curiosity, but it feeds off itself; I get addicted and lose track of time.

Frankly, I could make a game out of it:

- Name two random topics
- See if I can find the shortest connection

Maybe I should start a contest on here, (if there is enough interest).


Now I've found Uncyclopedia, a parody of Wikipedia. I could explain both in more detail, but give them a look. Uncyclopedia is worth a few cheap laughs, and if you don't like it, shut up and put your money where your mouth is and make your own contribution!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

I start reading a topic in Wikipedia, (at work), and follow the related links. Where I end up, (at the end of the day

I didn't think you had a government job? Not sayin' I do either...

4:14 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

post more.

More!

MORE!

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I came across the Uncyclopedia a few days ago and I thought it was pretty funny.

And the contest thing sounds like it would be interesting.

Of course, you would have to post often enough to come back and announce a winner. hehehehe

12:48 PM  
Blogger Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

Thanks, Bubbha, like I needed more distractions at work! LOL

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home