Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Something is wrong with your map, dude!

Two posts in one day!? Yep, politics and sex should not go together, (someone should remind politicians). In a post a few days ago, I showed the striking resemblance of the "Bush Country" map to a population density map, (I also included a link with more information). In case you missed it, (or just didn't read it), here it is.

For another demonstration, check this map out. They change the proportions of the states based on population, while leaving them colored based on which party won them. I'm not trying to make excuses for the loss. But as mom always said, you can be a poor winner as much as a poor loser. For someone who didn't win by a land slide, they are sure gloating like they did. Just thought I would put things into perspective, (oh wait, nevermind).

Here's another version of it, (to view the details on it, the other map, and general information, go here). This last one shows what it would be like to study U.S. history or politics while tripping. Can't say that I have done that myself, so I can't be too sure, (well, I haven't done both at one time).

It gets worse. It seems that, from this map, the Civil War didn't really settle anything. Well, I live in the South, (as my wife likes to remind me)*, so it's not a big surprise to ME.

Anyways, I heard people talk about these maps for a few weeks now, but thanks to Salon.com, I got some links to share.

* I use to think I leaved in Texas, or the Southwest, and not the South. As I have grown older, I realize what a crock of shit that was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home