Tuesday, November 09, 2004

And another thing...

Just thought I would point out, I added a few pics to some old posts on this blog. I meant to do it sooner, but I kept forgetting. Also, please don't be afraid to comment on anything, I need feedback. Whether it is just a dialogue concerning something I said, constructive criticism of my blog, or just heckling, go for it, (but if you heckle, I will heckle back)!

By the way, is it a bad idea not to allow anonymous posting to a blog? I did not intentionally mean to have it off, it's just the default setting in Blogger. While I don't like being at a disadvantage with names, (well, usernames), I don't want to dissuade anyone from interacting with this blog. On the other hand, I've seen what anonymous posting can be like on other sites, and it makes a bathroom stall at a bar look like a philosophy lecture.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

I really wouldn't worry about it. Non-issue.

I get almost no anon posts, and I allow them.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Personally I dismiss most of the anonymous posts that I don't agree with easily. If you can't be bothered to back up your words with your name then your words mean nothing. Especially if all you are doing is taking pot shots at someone on thier blog. So, keep them off right?

Having said that though, there are times that I get anonymous posts that really put things into a clarity that I need. The majority of my comments are from people registered on Blogger, but some of my regulars like DirtyTalkingGirl for example, wouldn't post if I didn't have the capability to allow anonymous posts.

Of course, then you get asshats who are registered and say all kinds of shit in the comments regardless of the fact that you can get their email address easily.

In the end, it is up to you. Personally, I'd flip a coin.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Buddha Bubba said...

I decided to allow anonymous posting. We'll see what happens. Hopefully, someone will comment on the handful of posts I have to make it worth while.

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home